Another splendid evening, at the Local Mission Eatery. This venue is charming, modest, and food is exceptional. If this was home, we’d be in heaven.
Marc Olivier, Muscadet, Loire, 2009 (white)
- fresh, a tad of lemon, acid, very enjoyable
Valli Unite, Bianchino, Cortese, Piedmont, 2009 (white)
- color: yellow
- cheese on the nose
- long finish, with some cereal at the very end
- 3/5 (strong)
Paul Mathew, Pinot Noir, Dry Creek, 2008 (red)
- alcohol on the nose
- sweet red berries, alcohol, nice typical pinot noir flavors
Indica, Mendocino, 2008 (red)
- very closed, only a whiff of alcohol on the nose
- nothing serious to detect, dull wine, totally disappointing
- 1/5 , eh. Next!
Broc cellars, Syrah, Bennet Valley, 2006 (red)
- rubber, tomato, pepper on the nose
- tannins, bitterness on the finish
Schlumberger, Merlot, Dry Creek, 2006 (red)
- sniff of alcohol, lots of substance, tannins
- if you can disregard the alcohol (which is too strong), then it feels like you are chewing on the grape must, which is really enjoyable!